- We have proactively reached out to the state attorneys general and invited them to a call this afternoon with our General Counsel where we will help bring them up to date on the data breach that has impacted Target and our guests.
- We can confirm that we are actively partnering with the United States Secret Service and the Department of Justice on the ongoing investigation into the malware that affected Target’s point-of-sale system in our U.S. stores. Due to the nature of the investigation, the Secret Service has asked not to share many of the details of the forensics and investigation.
- We continue to experience a high volume of calls to our call center and have more than doubled the number of team members taking calls around the clock to help them resolve any issues they may have. We have communicated to 17 million guests via email and reminded them that unless they have seen fraudulent activity on their account, there is no urgent need to call.
- We also continue to push tips to our guests via social media. For instance, here is a recent step-by-step guide on how guests can set up alerts to be notified every time a transaction is made on their REDcard account.
- We have shared on Target’s blog, A Bullseye View, some behind-the-scenes photos of the Target team, including our most senior leaders, who are continuing to work around the clock to help resolve this issue for our guests.
We strive to return all of our media inquiries within one business day.email us (612) 696-3400